Location: Johannesburg (Sandton)
Duration: 3 month probation, and thereafter contract based with an opportunity for growth
1Africa Consulting requires the services of a Social Media intern to handle the day-to-day needs of business social media pages, including the execution of paid campaigns and monthly reporting. While this position is an entry-level role, there is room for growth dependant on work performance.
- A strong understanding of social media platforms, trends and best practices on key platforms, including (but not limited to) Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Experience with handling profession/business social media pages (please be able to provide examples of business pages that you have worked on)
- Able to set up new accounts on all platforms, including financial set up for paid posts/campaigns (fund management on each platform)
- Able to create simple designs / source licenced stock images etc.
- Copywriting abilities – able to write post copy (assistance with content strategy and direction will be provided)
- Able to upload / publish organic and paid media posts in accordance with best practices
- Able to create monthly content calendars with engaging and relevant content that promotes user engagement, positive brand positioning and lead generation
- Day-to-day handling of social media account, queries and engagement (customer service)
- Able to execute paid campaigns on social media platforms – a must
- Strong abilities on Facebook Business Manager and Ad Manager are a must
- Able to generate and interpret reports from each platform, as well as provide suggestions based on report insights
- Motivated and a go-getter, able to grow social media following on an ongoing basis
- To assist with other tasks / ad hoc duties where needed
- Able to do live event coverage where necessary (travel costs etc. will be covered)
- Familiar with social media management platforms such as Sprout & Hootsuite (preferred but not imperative)
- Contactable references required
Personal Traits & Characteristics
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Able to adhere to deadlines
- Willing to work outside of office hours when needed
- Able to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Willingness to upskill and learn as part of personal and professional development, and stay abreast of social media trends and technologies
Please only apply if you meet the requirements.
Email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Application – Social Media Intern Position
Closing date for applications: 15 October 2021.
If you have not received feedback from us by 31 October 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.